In 1926, Pierre Draps Sr. began making pralines in his confectionery workshop in Brussels. His young sons, Joseph, Francois and Pierre Jr., all worked for the family business from an early age. Following the death of their father in 1937, they took over the business.
In 1968, GODIVA was appointed an official chocolatier to the Royal Court of Belgium. A great honour to receive, the prestigious Royal Warrant established GODIVA's role as an ambassador to its home country and purveyor of high-quality Belgian chocolate.
By 1972, GODIVA has opened international Boutiques in Paris, New York City's Fifth Avenue, and inside the prestigious Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi department store in Tokyo.
GODIVA continues to build its worldwide presence and footprint through expansion into new product categories, acceleration of distribution channels, entry into new geographies, and plans to launch 2,000 GODIVA cafés around the world.